Huge Discounts on Mobiles, Books, Cameras, Computers etc: @Flipkart
Flipkart.com

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Got booted and can't sign back in to yahoo messenger?

Last night I had the same issue. I was in a chat room and someone booted me. Chat window closed and I was kicked out of messenger too (Y! 9 Beta). Since then I am not able to login to yahoo messenger with my id or any of the aliases. Tried searching in google, found no solutions. Tried using Trillian (http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/) and yahoo webmessenger (http://webmessenger.yahoo.com/), still can't login, both just hangs for ever when trying to login. When I try to login with the yahoo messenger, it logs me in for a second and show the buddy list, but quickly flicker and log out and tries to login again and goes to the same infinite loop. Tried YahELite(http://yahelite.org/), and it showed that someone is adding me as buddy and sending some variant, which I guess is exploiting some yahoo vulnerability. I tried reinstalling yahoo, and even logging in from a different machine, same issue. The same client works fine if I use a different yahoo id. Today I was able to fix it. In Internet Explorer, I cleared all temperory files, cache, cookies etc. Then in connection preferences of messenger, I changed it from "No proxies" to "Firewall with no proxies" and voila.. I'm in finally!! Hope it works for you too.... best wishes!

I hope yahoo will soon come up with some fix for the vulnerability... or your id is gone for a toss forever! All all the booters shall go to hell, Amen!

3 comments:

  1. i tried the firewall with no proxies setting... didn`t work, is there a solution to this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the same...although I can log into my messenger, I don't have access to VC...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ya, even I had trouble in chatroom. Finally uninstalled yahoo messenger, and "deleted the directory" as it has cached files etc. Reinstalled and now it works fine... try and let me know

    ReplyDelete